A few tips before departure
- Vaccines: yellow fever vaccine may be mandatory; hepatitis A and B vaccines, meningitis and typhoid are recommended.
- Malaria: Casamance is located in zone 4, so preventive treatment for malaria is recommended for short stays (less than 3 months) with antimalarial drugs such as malarone or lariam ( see your doctor ) ; we also recommend that you provide light socks, trousers and shirts as well as repellents (mosquito spray type five-on-five) to best protect you.
Formalities and Visas
- Valid passport for EU nationals. Other nationalities should contact the nearest Senegalese consulate.
Coming to Casamance
- By plane: There are daily flights with connections to Dakar from France or Spain, marketed by Air Sénégal to arrive in Casamance during the day..
- Air Sénégal, Air France, Iberia , Brussels airlines and most charter airlines serve Dakar. The airlines Air Senegal and Transair market the domestic flights Dakar Ziguinchor or Cap Skirring ( 3/4 daily flights ) . ) .
- Departing from Paris, the Capcasamance.com agency offers several weekly direct flights to Cap Skirring with the Transavia company (a stopover in Dakar of about 1 hour
- By boat with cabin Aline Sitoe: (2 Dakar-Ziguinchor connections per week). Ziguinchor-Dakar Departure: Thursday and Sunday Boarding: from 11:30 to 13:00. Information
Informations Ziguinchor: 33 991 72 00/ Fax: 33 991 72 01. Rens Dakar: 33 849 48 93/ Fax: 33 849 48 81
Attention if you are not on site, you must go through a contact in Senegal to buy the ticket because no remote sale. Our partner, , Espace Thialy in Dakar can buy your tickets .
- By road : y road: Departure of buses and taxis at the Baux Maraicher bus station in Dakar. Travel 8 to 10 hours.
- The currency of Senegal, the CFA franc, is indexed to the euro; 655.96 FCFA are worth €1. After the bank commission:642 fcfa are worth €1
- Credit cards will only be used in major hotels and upscale restaurants. You will find ATM in Cap Skirring, Ziguinchor as well as in the main cities of Casamance (no distributor in Oussouye)
- Since the end of hostilities in Casamance in 2004, peace has been restored and calm prevails. However, some areas remain to be avoided overnight: border areas with Guinea-Bissau and road linking Ziguinchor to Kafountine via Bignogna.
- The road Cap Skirring – Oussouye – Ziguinchor is safe ; in all this area , you can move without worring
- For more informations :
Conseils aux voyageurs
- More an d more lodges and hôtels have wifi networks
3G and 4G networks are also accessible in many areas of Casamance. It is possible to buy a local 4 G chip for less than €5 in shops.